Monday, August 22, 2005

Another busy day

Today was another busy day (shopping for Tessa's fall clothes with Caley and my mom, a play date with Beth and Anna), and then this evening as soon as Ryan got home I left for the YSC meeting. It was very interesting to hear the other perspectives at the meeting - a lot of the discussion was centered on reconstructive surgery, pros and cons of different types of reconstruction, and WHEN people would choose to have reconstruction. No two survivors appear to have the same theory on this subject, and I find that interesting.

Here's my take on it: I want reconstruction as soon as it's healthy to do so. I lean towards the DIEP surgery (taking abdominal tissue and turning it into breast tissue), but it is a MAJOR surgery with a long recovery and a ton of scars afterwards, and that scares me. The jury is still out on what I'll do, this is just my leaning. (Plus, it comes with a free tummy tuck by default....)

So much to say, so little time....I'm off to bed. More tomorrow!
Kristina

2 comments:

The Green Cedar said...

I ended up deciding against reconstruction, but I have to admit the tummy tuck was sure tempting! But such much to think about... continue to bounce ideas if, when and as...

Anonymous said...

I didnt have recon either and I'm VERY happy......