Saturday, July 16, 2005

A quick hello

Hi, everyone. This must be quick because we have a busy day planned - this morning Tessa and I will be getting our hair cut together (my last "real" cut for a long time so I might get bangs or do something crazy!), then we'll be preparing for a BBQ at our house. Fortunately, Michele helped me to go shopping (Costco) yesterday to get the main stuff for the BBQ, but I want to declutter our house etc before people come because with the weather the way it is now, I think it's possible that this will be an indoor event. Oh well!

My spirits are certainly better than last time I posted. My incisions hurt (there are two right now - one on the jugular vein where they inserted a tube to connect to the port, and one on my chest where they inserted the port-a-cath; both req'd stitches and actually the neck/jugular one is the more painful of the two) but it's bearable and I'm trying to go ahead with the business of living every moment. On Wednesday, Michele treated me to that heavenly Nordstrom Spa experience, and then yesterday Lori followed up by treating me to a spa pedicure at my local place...I should be VERY relaxed!

I haven't mentioned all of the incredible meals we've had lately. I need to get these recipes, ladies! :-) We have enjoyed some very tender porkchops in a herb crust (thank you Marilyn & Dan), very flavorful pasta with a pureed tomato and spinach sauce (thank you Lynn & Jon), great baked chicken with tomato sauce and cheese (thank you Scott & Karen), lovely chicken lasagna (thank you Jennifer & Parks), home-made soup and all kinds of accompaniments - including flowers! (thank you Sara), and last night's great Thai curry (thank you Julie & Barry). In my old life each of you would have received a hand written thank you note and I hate that I'm not able to do that right now, but let me just say, publically, how much I adore all of you and how much I've appreciated these meals. (Let me also say that I'm certain to have missed someone here and I'm horribly embarrassed by that idea...please know that we ARE grateful!) My parents also brought food from Metropolitan Market that we have feasted on.

Well, an hour 'til the haircut begins and we're all in our PJs so I must go. Thinking of you - I'll update again before the weekend ends.

Kristina

No comments: