Thursday, July 14, 2005

It's port-a-cath day

It's 5:30 in the morning and I just can't sleep any more....I had weird dreams last night about surgery and hospitals and all kinds of crazy stuff. I have been living in denial (hey denial works sometimes!) for a while but today is a reminder that I'm on the edge of doing a whole lot of things that I don't want to do. I think, maybe, that having a mastectomy might have been the easy part, and the real work is about to begin. You can guess how I might feel about that.

Kristina

2 comments:

*susan* said...

I am thinking of you often today. The right words are escaping me right now, but I know that you are capable of finding your way through this treatment. If only because there is no alternative.

That reminds me of a clause in a release form I signed yesterday. To paraphrase: the anesthesiologist has explained the risks of the anesthesia and the possible alternatives. I asked the nice anesthesiologist what the alternatives might be. And he just laughed! We agreed that some lawyer had added this clause because it had nothing to do with reality!

Be well soon. You have a BBQ to throw!

The Green Cedar said...

Praying for and pulling for you, sweetie. Looking forward to seeing you on the other side.