Thursday, February 05, 2009

Zometa

So I did it.

I got to the building and I started shaking. Getting an IV in a chemo ward is an unnerving thing to do - I don't care how many times you've done it. When you're two chairs away from where you had anaphalactic shock due to a chemo drug, it's even more unnerving. Never mind that Zometa isn't chemo, that's not the point.

Everyone commented on my long hair.

Lori came with me to keep me sane. She brought chocolate and magazines, and she took excellent care of me.

The infusion was relatively short, and I survived it. Best of all, I only have to go back every six months.

I found out today that someone on my medical team that I care about deeply got breast cancer, too. It was caught early, and she's okay. But I'm mad. It's so unfair.

I feel some nausea tonight and I don't know if this is the beginning of Zometa side effects, or a psychosomatic effect, or what. I'm going to bed and hoping that the morning shows it to be psychosomatic....and gone.

No comments: