Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Fingers crossed

I attended a town council this week to present my book proposal. Initially, I had hoped that this was a rubber-stamp approval; the town had a surplus, and I know I can do great work on this project.

Then, the economy started failing even more than before, with all of those tangibles about the economic failure. And the tax revenue projections for this town changed, and it became clear that the town surplus might be a deficit.

The town is looking for alternate funding, but I no longer am holding my breath that this project is going to pan out. I'm told that it will happen "eventually" but given current economic conditions, that might be a long time from now.

Damn.

It's not over 'til it's over, but it doesn't look good.

At least my presidential pick is ahead in the polls....!

1 comment:

Anna Banana said...

Best of luck to you and thanks for commenting on my post.