Thursday, October 23, 2008

And into recovery...

I looked at the clock a few minutes ago and realized that, if I'd stuck with the plan, at this moment I'd be getting wheeled out of the OR and into recovery.

Based on my horrible dreams about surgery last night, it's probably a good thing that I didn't have surgery today. I wish that it was over with, and behind me, but if dreams are omens then my dreams were telling me to back off! In my dreams they did the surgery and when I woke up I had returned to double mastectomies, and they told me that it was impossible to fix anything and that this time it was permanent and I'd never have any kind of breasts or breast mounds ("foobs") again. I woke up feeling terribly sad and panicked, relieved that it was just a dream.

I do wish it was behind me, though.

Instead of surgery today, I have carpooled to school with another child (in addition to Tessa), volunteered in the classroom, done chores at home, and now I'm getting ready for a baby shower.

Life goes on.

No comments: