Thursday, May 22, 2008

Neighbors

I love my neighbors. Really, I do. I think I live in one of the finest communities anywhere, and the word "community" is an important part of that statement. People on my block know each other, talk to one another, stop to say hello. In the middle of cooking dinner last week, I realized I was out of fresh garlic. I sent Tessa over to the neighbors to ask for two cloves of garlic (and I remembered to buy them a head to replace what we borrowed the very next day). Good, good neighbors.

But West Seattle's funkiness allows for all kinds of stuff, including this:
http://westseattleblog.com/blog/?p=7778

This house is about a block from us, and I'm SO glad that we can't actually see it from our front porch, because it's an eyesore. Every friend who comes by comments - it is impossible not to.

But still, "crazy house" and all, I'll take my neighborhood, because I love it here.

No comments: