Thursday, May 29, 2008

More green commentary

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/23/AR2008052302456.html

I'm certainly not alone in my commentary on trying not to drive; though some days I feel cutting edge, sometimes I feel downright behind the curve.

Today I did not drive my car. We stayed home in the morning, and the Tessa, Shep and I walked to preschool. I walked Shep home, leaving him there, and then I walked to Heather's to care for Camille. Another preschool mom brought Tessa to Heather's so I wouldn't have to wake Camille from her nap to get Tessa, and then Tessa and I walked home together with a little stop in at Beth & Anna's on the way. I figure I walked about three miles, or a smidge more, and Shep got two of those miles.

I like this lifestyle when the weather cooperates.

Tonight, I'm going to a girls' night, and we're carpooling, so there will be a mini-van full of us. Yes, that's driving, but with 6 to a vehicle I'm feeling pretty good about it.

It would have been SO much easier to drive today for all of this. And I'm so glad I didn't.

(I'm not blogging all of my no-car days, but maybe I should. This weekend we had a no car day and a 2 mile car day - that to church, because we were running late - and I'm getting better at it. Some days it's easy - just stay home! - but when I want to be active, social, and productive out in the community, it's a bit harder, and I'm proud of myself when I don't wimp out on those days.)

No comments: