Monday, May 26, 2008

Finishing up the weekend

I'm finishing this weekend tired but happy.

It was such a treat to spend Fri/Sat/early Sun with the Landahl family, and to see our children laughing and playing together.

Today (after a long walk with Lori) we did loads of gardening and house projects, and it's so nice to have further work done. The vegetable bed got weeded (again!) - I'm very careful not to let anything take over because I really, truly want to get a healthy crop, and I've put too much work into it to let it fall apart now. I planted two more tomatoes (grown from seeds!), weeded the front bed, put out the soaker hose in the flower garden and buried it in mulch (although calling it a flower garden is a bit of a misnomer now that i have planted squash as well), and other such things. There is still so much work to do, but progress is made almost daily and I'm pleased.

We have gotten into the habit of filling a shower bucket each day (twice a day, becasue of the two of us) and watering our pots and plants. We didn't drive the car at all today (Tessa, Sarah and I walked to the nursery to buy potting soil and took the wagon to carry it).

Again, my body is sore. That's okay. I"m going to do a few indoor chores, stare out at my garden for a moment, and then crawl in under fresh sheets.

Maybe tomorrow I'll have time to reflect more, but today I am content.

No comments: