Saturday, October 13, 2007

making up

I got my chance to make it up to Tessa.

Fifteen minutes later, she came to me, crying. "Mama, my ear hurts...please pick me up, pick me up, Mama...." with tears running down her face.

I can't pick up anything over 5 pounds. Crap.

But I held her in my arms, stroked her hair, got her Children's Motrin, made a warm compress, and snuggled in bed with her and read her books (she lost interest in the pony movie because she wanted to be in her own bed - no TV in her room).

We looked at "The Human Body" book and learned about how ears work. We read "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Bad Day" and we compared notes from our day to Alexander's and we laughed together.

It felt good to make it up to her, to be there when she needed me, to give her comfort.

And Ryan is up and feeling himself again and he's making me coffee and wants to take care of me.

I'm exhausted. All of this is exhausting. I couldn't sleep from about 1-4am last night...I just lay there. I hope that's not a side effect of Lexapro.

No comments: