Friday, October 12, 2007

first test

Today will be a test of sorts.

Tessa is sick; she was up in the night (and that never happens) and will need extra TLC and nurturing.

Ryan has a migraine. He gets them when he's particularly stressed and not taking care of himself. The last one lasted five days.

The test will be to figure out how to take care of myself properly in the midst of these unfortunate events.

Tessa is still sleeping - she really was awake a lot last night. Ryan is laying in a dark room with ice on his neck, practicing deep breathing and affirmations of wellness. When he's well enough, we need to get him into a doctor's office to get migraine meds, asap.

I am going to take care of myself. I will give because there is pleasure in caring for others, especially those I love most, but I will try to remember not to give more than I have. I will expect them to be understanding of my problems, as I will try to understand theirs.

No comments: