Saturday, September 22, 2007

Ahhhh

Today I took most of the day to myself.

At noon, Michele picked me up and we went to Lori's, where we decorated a mustache cake. (It's a long story, but there was a lot of laughter!)

At 3:30pm, I left Lori's, and caught the bus downtown. By 4pm I was at S.A.M. (Seattle Art Museum), listening to Beethoven on my iPod and gazing at beautiful art (and glancing at some ugly pieces, too....yes, it's subjective).

The museum closed and I went on a short but fruitless search for some cute, comfortable winter shoes (what part of not buying it would that fall under?) with my feet hurting more each step in my cute, UNcomfortable shoes. (Actually, cute PAINFUL shoes would be more accurate. Alas, I will never wear them again. I think they're made for narrower feet than mine.) I came to my senses, and decided to have dinner.

I went to Palomino's bar because it was convenient and the people watching was great. I had the cappellini pomodoro with some rotisserie chicken added, and a lovely glass of Malbec. While sitting there, I wrote in my journal, ruminating about life's questions, pondering things.

It was lovely. Absolutely lovely.

I am fully determined to spend more of my time doing things like this. I enjoyed my time with my girlfriends, but I really needed some time by myself. It's so rare that I spend any time by myself, and I found my soul filling up again.

I'm remembering who I am. I love to be loud and talkative and throw parties and commit every minute of the day to a day fully lived....but I also like the quiet and some solitude. I've been out of balance, and I'm aware of that. I'm trying to rebalance a lot of things.

And now, I'm going to have a cup of tea with Ryan in our candlelit living room, and then I'm going to soak in the tub up to my neck in bubbles while reading. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. When is the last time I did that?!

No comments: