Thursday, February 15, 2007

More juggling

I haven't been on much because I've been too busy! Life continues at the same breakneck pace.

I have turned in my Genentech story and it's been approved at the first level; it's off to FDA approval next (because I will be speaking about a pharmaceutical, I need FDA approval of what I'm going to say). I have also turned in 20 pages of content for the Komen Race for the Cure website - the written content came from me (or I stole it from other Komen docs and fixed it up). I've got Tessa's friend Jessie here for 3 nights as her parents are in San Fran; Jessie is a fabulous kid and a joy to have around, but still, it's kept me busy. Ryan and I have been doing some yard projects, mostly maintenance we'd been putting off. And then there's the usual preschool, swimming lessons (Tessa has improved dramatically!), birthday parties (two this weekend), and the like. I'm struggling to lose two pounds - nothing to "worry" about but I'm also aware that pounds creep on one or two at a time, and so I have to get rid of them one or two at a time. Exercise is sporadic at best; I need to better learn how to fit it in. I'm fully expanded now, and awaiting surgery March 2 for the new implant and corrections on the other side.

February 22 - 3-Day Kick-off party at my house (Interested? Email me and I'll invite you!)March 2 - surgery
April 15 - Whidbey Island Half Marathon
April 19-29 Hawaii!
May 12 - Giant Yardsale Fundraiser
June 16 - Race for the Cure

It's going to be a busy spring!

Additionally, I've been asked by Komen to head up a new program called "I am the Cure" for the Race for the Cure. It's a fabulous opportunity...I just need to see if I have time to do it. I'm still trying to figure out how much work Genentech will offer, and I need to prioritize that because there is a financial stipend for Genentech but not Komen. And I haven't forgotten my goals as a stay at home mom, either. I think today we're going to go to the aquarium. :-)

See, I really am busy!

Now, off to take the girls and take the dog for a walk...

Love,
Kristina

1 comment:

Maria said...

Hi there. I just came across your blog. I am on my 2nd round with bc. Just finished chemo and started Herception. I live in Issaquah and I am totally interested in doing the 3 day walk and Race for the Cure. I have done the Race and the Danskin a couple of times but not the 3 day.I would to join your team Do you take in complete strangers? Please email me. I am very interested:)
trixila@gmail.com
boobalicious-trixila.blogspot.com

:) Maria Ewing