Friday, January 26, 2007

The 3-Day in 2007

I have offically signed up for The Breast Cancer 3-Day in Seattle, September 7-9, 2007. I am excited to begin my work on it, and hope that those who sponsored me last year will consider doing so again.

This year, the team is re-named Warrior Women. I have long imagined that my friends and family were an army supporting me as I fought the beast of breast cancer; my middle name, Louise, also means warrior woman. In short, the name just struck me as "right" and I hope that others like it, too. I loved being a part of Team Kristina last year, but this year, I wanted our name to be more inclusive of others, and not just about me. I'm hoping to have other survivors join the team, as well.

I also love the name because it fits with The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation's new advertising campaign, aimed at young women:

When we get our hands on breast cancer, we're going to punch it, strangle it, kick it, spit on it, choke it and pummel it until it's good and dead. (Not just horror movie dead, but really, really dead.) And then we're going to tie a pink ribbon on it."

By the way, Komen is changing it's name to "Susan G. Komen for the Cure," and this is part of their re-branding. They're getting hip with the times!)

That sentiment makes me very, very happy. Pink is pretty, and so are we, but we are also fighters, and breast cancer is going DOWN! (
Interested in joining my team? I would love to have you. We will have a bigger team than last year, and we're going to have a wonderful time. Here's a link for joining us:
Join team Warrior Women at the 3-Day in 2007
If you are so inclined, you can also click on my name and make a donation. I can't wait to get started with this!

With love,
Kristina

No comments: