Monday, January 22, 2007

Leaving YSC

I have spent a lot of my time since finding the lump on the YSC (Young Survival Coalition) website, chatting on a bulletin board with other young women with breast cancer.

Today, it occurred to me that I must not go back.

Part of it is because there is usually not much that is new - I'm one of the "old" girls on it, and I've already been through chemo etc so I don't have questions about that any more. Part of it is because it scares me to see "friends" progress to stage four (yes, another one today). Part of it is because it keeps me in Cancerland, and I'm trying to get the next plane out of Cancerland. Part of it is that I'm too busy with the work I'm doing on breast cancer causes, instead of working on my own breast cancer beast.

So, I've deleted it from my favorites list. No lurking, nothing. It's time to channel that energy into my work for Komen and Genentech.

I hope that this is a good new phase.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yippee! This is the BEST news I have heard in awhile. I was wondering when you'd find the courage to leave that which gave you so much, but now limit your ability to move forward.

Love ya.

Corina