Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Surgery Prep: Shopping

Yes, you read that right. I have recently become a shop-a-holic, and I've been buying new clothes to fit my new body. I am just tired of being unfeminine - after losing a breast, my hair, my eyelashes and eyebrows, getting fat, being covered in scars, and now about to lose a uterus/ovaries (this month) and another breast (next month), I was ready for some retail therapy. I want to be cute, I want to stand out, I want to be fashionable. I want to be thin, and I want to be healthy...and I want to show off my thin and healthy body! Sooo, I've been prepping for surgery by shopping a little. (My grandma gave me a check....SO appreciated, I can't even tell you, and her gift has funding my little extravagances.) I have a long way to go to be truly fashionable but I have made some strides. :-)

In other, less exciting, surgery prep, I have just entered the liquid-diet phase of surgery preparation, starting by taking an oral laxative that tasted so bad it's a wonder I didn't throw up. Grrr that's not fun....!

Today I had my oncology appointment, and another Herceptin infusion. Tomorrow, I have an EKG and chest x-ray, as well as my admit appointment for the hospital. Fun, fun, fun.

Many thanks to *susan* for the call today. (No, I didn't find shoes I could afford...but I found a lovely pair of Manolo Blahnik's for $413 ON SALE. Are they out of their minds? They may have been perfect but for $413 I want an entire wardrobe, not just a pair of shoes!)

Love,
Kristina

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make me smile! Sounds like you are having a blast while shopping. Wish I could be there!

Good luck with the upcoming appointments. I hope all goes smooth.

Love ya lots.

Corina

Rhonda said...

Retail therapy is such a wonderful thing when you are feeling blue. I agree $413 for a pair of shoe is insane!!

Liquid diet--bleck. Done too many of those, but you'll be so glad after surgery that you did it.

HUGS!
Rhonda

*susan* said...

For $413, you should get a really special gold box for the shoes to live in!

Well half the fun is the looking, so more retailing in your future.

You know I am thinking of you....

Love,

*susan*