Thursday, March 30, 2006

Ready for surgery

I'm ready. I am in a good space mentally: I passed my EKG and chest X-rays today with flying colors, and my bloodwork from Wednesday all came back looking great, and I'm ready to go. I have lost at least two pounds on the liquid-diet-with-laxatives (YUCK!) that I was put on to prepare me for surgery, and tonight I plan on dreaming of chocolate cake. :-)

This evening, our friend Jenny had us over for dinner (mine was chicken broth and jello - Ryan, Jenny, and the kids all had "real" food!) and she gave me a lovely care package to take to the hospital. I am blessed by my friendships, and I do not forget that for a moment. Jenny is a new friend, and my friends new and old have surrounded me and made me feel cared for. Thank you to everyone for the calls, emails, and cards. I know how fortunate I am!

Tonight I had a nice, long bubble bath with Tessa, and an extra long snuggle with her before she went to sleep. I will miss her dreadfully while I'm recovering, but I know that she will be very happy with Grammy & Grandpa, and that they will have lovely adventures.

Ryan has been very supportive, and will be at my side at the hospital. Please give him a call or send him a thought or prayer, because while I'm sleeping, he'll be worrying. I love you, Ryan!

I will have Ryan update the blog tomorrow night. Wish me well - I'm off!
Love,
Kristina

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been wishing you well all day today (Friday). I am with you in spirit, my friend.

Love,
Corina

Rhonda said...

You've been on my mind and heart all day.

Prayers for you, Ryan and Tessa today.

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

From here in Cincinnati - i think of you often and am looking forward to hearing of your successful surgery and easier-than-anticipated recovery. Sending you prayers and love - Melissa