Monday, February 06, 2006

Good news and then OUCH!

Getting dressed today, I discovered two things:

1. I can fit into some pants I bought at the beginning of the fall, and then outgrew. HURRAH! I'm also wearing a sweater that didn't fit a month ago. Things are improving!

2. As I slathered on Biafine under my arm, I felt something rough move under my fingers. I smoothed away the Biafine to find that my skin has degraded and now there is a piece of skin that completely rubbed away (the rough bit, as it turns out, was the top layer of skin lifting off...!), leaving a raw area underneath. ACK! Now my underarm is tender and I'm not thrilled about it, as you might imagine. I guess I am not immune to this, as I'd hoped.

I started to title this post "good news and bad news" but then I backed up. "Bad news" is something significant, like a recurrance, which I do not have. This is merely a setback, so doesn't qualify as bad news.

Kristina

4 comments:

The Green Cedar said...

Whatever...ouch! Anybody talked about Silvadine yet? Messy but helpful.

Mega-congratulations on the new fits, though!

Love & ouchlessness to come,
gr

*susan* said...

Need me to send netting West? Glad you are finding joy in your 'old' clothes.

Love,

*susan*

Anonymous said...

Congrats on enjoying the "old" clothes. Didn't it make you smile????? I LOVE that feeling.

Kmarie

Anonymous said...

I am jealous...and you are an inspiration! I am excited and a little envious of your fantastic weight loss: WAY TO GO! You always seem to do exactly what you set your mind to do, so really this is no surprise.

Also, I am excited to hear that you are getting the positive feedback about your "superhero" efforts from others (not just your loyal friends). Damn, Kristina you are really some kind of woman...

Love,
Corina