Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Sixteen is my lucky number

Today is number sixteen of sixteen. In July, when I started chemo, I could barely imagine what it would feel like to be done. Today, I will begin to find out! I dread the next week, but I am thrilled at the prospect of next Tuesday, when I'll be feeling a bit better, and I will start to feel better every day without knocking myself down with another chemo.

Some friends and family have agreed to meet me at the hospital for a final chemo party - hey, you know me, any excuse to have a party is a good one! I'll provide a cheese platter, cupcakes, and eclairs...and my friends and family will provide me with distraction so that I don't run out of the hospital screaming before it's done.

This is a time for reflection. After a few days, I'm sure that reflection will make it to the blog. ;-)

Love,
Kristina

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that this day is here! You've been in my thoughts today. Have fun at the party!

Rhonda said...

Any excuse for a party is a good one!! Thinking of you today and doing a little dance for lucky number 16!!

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Congrats on #16. Here in Cinci we've been rooting for you, as always!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes Kristina 16 is our lucky number. You were born on the i6th and you have a fresh foot forward on the 16th....you have more hair this time round and you are still cute as a button and the apple of your happy parents life. We love you so.o.o much and we are very very proud of you.
We are very proud of the support group you have surrounding you too.
They have made a lot of difference in all our lives, not just yours.
Please remember sleep is not your enemy but an important part of your recovery and healing process..we want you around for a long wonderful enjoyable life.
Hugs and Kisses, Mum