Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Done with chemo!

Well, folks, I did it. Sixteen chemo completed! When the machine beeped that I was done, a collective cheer went up. The prayer is that I never have to do this again. The party, however, was lovely, with friends and family coming by, and all the nurses stopping in to congratulate me. Thank you to those who came by to offer support, and to all those who left email and telephone messages for me. :-)

Right now the Benedryl (which makes me sleepy) and the Decadron (which makes me feel like I've had too much caffiene) are duking it out, and the Benedryl is winning, so I'm off to bed. Love to all!

Love,
Kristina

10 comments:

The Green Cedar said...

Woo hoo! Great party!

Love & done, done, done,
gr

Anonymous said...

This will become a favorite memory.
All that food, champagne, friends and family listening to the beautiful, sound of a steady beep.
Chemo is complete and as your Christmas card says Peace on Earth.
Love you, Mum

Rhonda said...

Yeehaw!! Sooooooo glad that this part of the journey is OVER!!

Many HUGS and Prayers!

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy and so proud of you Kristina. Congrats on this phase being complete.

Much love,
Susan

Sarah said...

Kristina --

Congrats! What a long journey you have been on. You've gotten the hard part over with. Happy holidays to you and your family!

Sarah

*susan* said...

I was there in my heart, and it is full of admiration and awe at what you have done. Rest up, revel in the love of your friends and family, and look forward to a chemo-free Christmas.

Love ya',

*susan*

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You did it. What a feat. Seems like a fine gift for the Christmas Season. May you find hope in the Christmas message and experience renewal as we ring in another year. Thanks for the gift of your friendship and for the example of honesty and courage in your blog.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Kristina! Happy Holidays to you and your family.

stacey (ace)

Anonymous said...

You did it! Yahoo and phew. Merry Christmas, my friend. And you deserve the "merry-making." Does this mean that wine is back on the menu??? hee, hee.

Love,
Corina

Anonymous said...

And again from Cincinnati - CONGRATULATIONS Kristina, on being done with the chemo. You are a constant inspiration to me!