Friday, October 14, 2005

Trying to sort it all out

Yesterday I went to my first therapy session; today Ryan is at his second therapy session; next week we have our first marriage counseling session. Three therapists for a family seems a little excessive, but there you have it. We have some big issues to work through, and we are not too proud to get help.

Ryan has officially started short term disability (3 months) for his depression. This is unpaid leave, but maintains our benefits. We are relying on the assistance of my parents to get us through this time financially, and are indebted to them for their kindness.

I may have an opportunity (I know only about the position through Michele, I haven't yet followed up) to do some grading for the Bellevue School District. This may be an ideal way to bring in some money - it's $20 an hour, I can do it from home, the hours are flexible, and I can work as much or little as I please. I'm not sure if there are still positions open but I will follow up soon. My thought is that I would do 10 hours a week, and then evaluate from there.

Tessa is still sick with her cold. She has coughed all night, so today I'll put in a call to the doctor to see what we can do for her. She's sleeping now (very late for her) because she was so fitful last night...poor girl.

Kristina

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Proud of you, friend. It takes what it takes.

Go ahead an 86 CCC permanently!
Love,
gr

Anonymous said...

Dear Kristina,

You know how much I valued my experience in therapy with "the bagwan"; I hope you and Ryan have equally wonderful and beneficial results. It doesn't happen right away, of course, but sometimes just knowing that someone else is helping you to find your way back to your road makes a huge difference. My heart is, as always, with you all in your struggles.

BTW, if the Bellevue thing works out, make sure they know that BHS has first dibs on your work! I could be your personal delivery person (I have a bright future in the courier business if teaching doesn't work out!), and if you're nice, I might even bring you coffee... :)

Lots of love,
Bryona

Anonymous said...

Why is it that seeking help is often viewed as a weakness when in fact it requires much courage, vision, and WORK! Making change is not easy. But you two have firey spirits...if anyone can get through these hard times, it will be you. Hang in there and continue to take things one day at a time. The job opportunity, medical benefits, as well as the abundance of help, love and support in your lives truely reflect the heavens smiling on you inspite of a rocky road.

Corina

Rhonda said...

Kristina,

I'm praying that the counseling helps you both continue to find healing through this awful and hard journey. Wonderful to hear that you are both working through it together. HUGS!

I'm glad you've been able to keep your chemo schedule going. You are not far from my thoughts even on the days when I can't come over and read.

I hope that your hot flashes/night sweats aren't too awful so you can get some sleep.

HUGS & Prayers!
Rhonda

Sarah said...

Hey Kristina. I just wanted to know that I've been thinking about you and your family a lot lately. I know that everything will work out the best. Sometimes God works in mysteriously shitty ways (so I've learned :)

Love,
Sarah