Thursday, February 25, 2010

Reading List

I'm currently looking at books entitled "Your 7 Year Old," "Easy to love, difficult to discipline," "Seven Secrets of Spiritual Parenting" "Raising you Only Child" and others. I'm just about done with "Parenting with Love and Logic" and "Positive Discipline" (again).

I really wish Tessa would read these books because she loves to prove them wrong!

Tessa is an amazing, wonderful daughter, and I would never choose anyone else. I love her like I love air - I don't think I could survive without her. But the challenges - wow.

We've got boundaries and routines; we've got love galore (and express that love all the time).

She will come to it; I will figure it out. Together, we will get through this phase.

I hear that eight year olds are fabulous...but I'm not goign to hit the fast forward button, even if I can find it.

On an up note? She did her homework last night with a minimum of protest. PHEW.

No comments: