Friday, May 22, 2009

Outta here!

This weekend we were supposed to go to Anacortes with my parents in their motorhome. Well, last night my dad came down with a stomach bug, and today my mom doesn't feel too good, either.

Uh oh. Love you, Mom & Dad, but I don't want to be in a room with a stomach bug!

We're disappointed because it's not often that we get together like that, and my brother and his family were going to be camping close by, with lots of cousin time....but what can we do?

While Tessa was still sleeping this morning, Ryan and I decided that we were dying to get out of town and that we needed to do SOMETHING. On a whim, we picked Bellingham. We found a cheap hotel that will take us AND Shep (we weren't even going to attempt dog care at this late date), and I've done quick internet research to find the farmer's market (Saturday), museum (all in one place: art, history, and children's!), ponies (we might get to visit a Chincoteague pony farm), festival (Ski to Sea on Sunday), local pool (with a big waterslide, no less), parks (I know we want to hike in Larrabee). I also hope to swing by WWU to show Tessa where Mama went to graduate school.

We're winging it - all we have are the hotel reservations and a whole lot of fun ideas. It's only a couple hours away but we are ready to shake things up and have some fun.

Happy three day weekend, everyone!

No comments: