Monday, October 27, 2008

Lousy patient

You'd think that having 42 trips to the infusion ward, 33 radiation treatments, and 9 surgeries would make me a really good patient. I don't think so.

I have a cold or a sinus infection or some other minor nastiness. I feel like crud, my mouth tastes bad, my head throbs, my mind is full of cobwebs, and I feel achy. And instead of having perspective on this and thinking, "You know, I'm just so grateful to have a mundane illness with very little risk that today is still a great day!" but I'm not that wise. Instead, I feel grouchy and irritated and irritable.

Part of it is "C'mon! I had cancer! I'm still in treatment! Gimme a break!" and some of it is just that I feel crummy.

Anyway, it's not the end of the world and it will get better. Yesterday, I canceled my plans to have family over for dinner and I didn't go to church and I just sat on my rear end. Today I got Tessa to school, but I'm clearing the calendar again. I'll put away laundry, and I'll do some minor chores, but I think mostly I'll sit around feeling sorry for myself. Or not - I haven't decided. But I am going to take it easy.

I hope that you're having a healthy day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Plain and simple: sinus infections suck. :) I've had many. Once the pressure in my head was so bad that it cracked the fillings in 3 teeth. So yes, I totally sympathize with your misery. It's okay to complain about it. I felt less sick when I had pneumonia than when I've had sinus infections!

Hope you feel better very soon. Give a yell if you need anything.