Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Garden Pictures - July 1











Garden pictures!


First, our sugar snap peas. The starts from the nursery are not as lush as the seeds I planted - interesting! However, the starts have pea pods on them but the seed plants still only have flowers.

Next, our radishes. They're an heirloom purple plum radish, and I recommend them highly.


Cabbage:





Swiss chard (love those rainbow stalks):



A cornucopia of lettuce with the chard crowding it (next year I need to space these way farther apart):




One tiny little spinach plant. You can't even see the tiny plants also in the picture...but this little guy is growing at last.



Basil and garlic in the same row (lettuce ont he other side of the row that is so small it's microscopic):

Carrots (three varieties, mixed up at this point: Scarlet Nantes, Romeo, and Dragon)And my favorite - tomatoes! They looked really far apart when I planted them, but now they're crowded and bumping into one another. Oh well - it is what it is.


And my other favorite: strawberries. Also too close to one another - can I transplant them in the fall to spread them out?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Transplant if needed but them strawberries will spread.