Thursday, October 04, 2007

Bad attitude

I have a bad attitude.

I'm faking it relatively well, most of the time, but I'm at a loss for words. I don't want to deal with this. I'm tired of surgery, tired of being brave, tired of holding myself together, tired.

Tonight is my first book club meeting with a group of women I don't know (except Katie, who invited me to join, and Jenny, who is joining tonight as well). Hopefully this keeps my mind off things.

And WELCOME TO THE WORLD, Michele & Dave's baby boy, Elliott's brother! He was born this morning, and mom and baby are healthy and happy. I will meet him tomorrow before surgery, and I'm looking forward to it immensely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to let you know of a UCLA research project looking to interview survivors who have a blog or website:

An Invitation to Participate in Research
PROJECT CONNECT
UCLA Dept. of Psychology/Division of Cancer Prevention and Control Research
& Breastlink Medical Group

Are you a woman diagnosed with breast cancer? Have you used a personal web page to communicate with friends or family about your experience with cancer? Participate in Project Connect, a study to understand how women use personal web pages to communicate with others during breast cancer.

About the study:
Complete one interview (in person or by phone) regarding your experience with your personal web page
$40 compensation for completing the interview

Are you eligible?
Diagnosed with breast cancer in the past five years
Used a personal web page to communicate with others about your experience with cancer
At least 18 years of age
Comfortable completing interview in English

For more information about Project Connect,
please contact:
Dr. Annette Stanton, 310-267-2835; astanton@ucla.edu
UCLA IRB #G07-04-039-01; Expiration Date: 05-02-08