Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Training

I am just home (well, okay, I've been home for a while now) from a great training walk with Heather (ironically, she's not on the team, but she was up for the walk and I was so glad for the company!) along Alki. We did about 7.5 miles and it felt great to get out and move. It's time for me to really train for the 3-Day, and though 7.5 miles isn't impressive in the face of 60 miles, it's a nice little walk none-the-less. The weather was gorgeous, Alki was sparkling with sun on the water and people milling all over the place, and it was great to catch up with Heather without the interruptions of little kids. (Love those children, but they're not the best at allowing adult conversations!)

And maybe this will help my muffin-top to go away. And go away NOW! Ryan's reunion is in 18 days and I'm going to lose five pounds. I'm DETERMINED! :-) Not just for the reunion, but it's a nice goal to have in front of me, and I'd like to feel good in a bathing suit for the rest of the summer.

In other working out news...
My body is not letting me train for a marathon. I'm having to revise my 2007 goal to be running a 1/2 marathon, no walking (by this I mean 1 minute walk breaks but not walking miles). I may be able to run/walk a marathon in 2007, but I won't be able to run the whole thing. My body is just not cooperating....too much fatigue and joint pain from the **** drugs. Grrr.

No comments: