Sunday, July 08, 2007

(Something is going on with Blogger where I can't title my posts. Whatever!)

Recovery

This week I'm in recovery from the preceeding week and a half. I'm coming down from the terror of Tessa's illness and my scan-scare, and trying to forge ahead.

Yesterday, I did 12 miles around Greenlake (4.5 running, walking the rest) and we went to a birthday party for Jackson & Carter (great to see the Landahl & Neufeld & Chin clans). Today, Ryan watched Paul do a time trial and then hooked up with Tessa and I at the zoo, where we were enjoying Daven's Safari-style birthday party. Now we're home, and I'm procrastinating for a little while before doing some heavy weeding (ugh the garden is a mess!).

Recovery. This weekend is going well, though Tessa's still a bit tired and still looks so painfully thin to me (her pants were falling off her rear-end today...she really did lose some weight, and she's so thin to begin with)...she's also a bit grumpy after her week of illness. But it's all okay, and this week promises to deliver more!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope it's ok to post it here - but you were the inspiration for my work at the ACS Relay for Life in the town I live in Ohio. I shoot it every year and this year I thought of you the whole time. So, I guess you could say this slideshow is dedicated to you. :-) Or inspired by you. And if it's not ok to post the link here, please remove it - as it's truly intended for you to view - not for the world unless others wanted to see it. It's got sound so make sure your sound is on! www.pricelessreflections.com/slideshow/acsrfl.exe

Kristina said...

Melissa, I am honored and touched by your slide show; thank you for the dedication. I feel like there are so many people and causes out there that I know how lucky I am to have people thinking of me - thank you. It looks like your event was a success, and many of the photos brought a smile or tears to my eyes - well done! I especially liked the last song - who sings that?