Friday, March 16, 2007

15 and $9500

Today I logged in to the Warrior Women website for the 3-Day
http://www.the3day.org/seattle07/rykri
and my smile couldn't be bigger. Our team is 15 women strong and growing...and my amazing friends have raised $9500+ so far. Every day I see the numbers climb a little bit, and I think:

"When our daughters are women, breast cancer will be a thing of the past. They will not live in fear: they will live proud of the work of their mothers before them. Our daughters will keep their breasts, and their lives, because of the work we do."

Our daughters, daughter-in-laws, nieces, friends, mothers, sisters, aunts, cousins....ourselves.

Of course, there is a LOT of work to be done between now and then, but I believe we can do it. My fourteen friends - some new, some old - are working hard. Our work will make a difference!

No comments: