Monday, April 03, 2006

Tired of this

I am so, so, so tired of this. I'm tired of being a cancer patient. I'm tired of having body parts removed. I'm tired of losing my femininity, one piece at a time. (Please do not tell me that femininity is an attitude. I know that, but I also know that it's made up of body parts that I no longer have.) I'm tired of being in so much pain...pain from radiation burns, pain from surgery. I'm tired of the strain it puts on my entire family, knowing how much it hurts them, too. I'm tired of having an abnormal life as the result of all of this. I'm tired. I live in fear that it will be like this forever.

I just want to be well. I want to be able to hug Tessa without fear that her head will bump my portacath (ouch) my radiation burn (OUCH) or my hysterectomy incisions (OOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!).

I don't want to have to fake being strong all the time, I want to actually BE strong.

I know I've got a lot behind me, but the road is still so very, very long, and the last miles are the hardest because the fatigue has set in. My bones ache from it, and I wonder how I will go another step sometimes. Haven't I done enough? When is it enough? When do I get to be happy, healthy, and fit? Please, when???

I know I have a bad attitude tonight, and that I'll feel better in the morning. I know that I'll heal from the hysterectomy and then even get some laughs in before the next mastectomy and healing period. I'll be fine...I'm survivor, and I specialize in recovery and healing and making lemons out of lemonade. But it sucks, and I want to shout that, too. Yes, I'm strong. Yes, I can take it. But it's so horribly unfair that I have to deal with this, and that I'm not even close to being done.

Sigh. I'm sorry if you came here tonight looking for inspiration, because I am just out of inspiration today. I'm just so horribly weary from all of this.

Kristina

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's a big hug! Just thought you needed that more than anything else.

Rhonda said...

HUGS!!! Being a survivor just plain sucks some days. Good to vent and I'm glad you did. HUGS!! I'm pleased to hear that your surgery went well. I'm so sorry to hear you have a cold on top of everything else. I hope someone gave you the tips of holding a pillow to your tummy for support when you cough (live saver for me). Also, Gas-X works wonders for the gas pain for me. Last time it was right under my diaphram and I thought it would never go away. The shoulder gas pain sucks. Many hugs and prayers heading your way!!

Anonymous said...

Sighs of relief from Cincinnati, that your surgery was successful and that you are now at home, and big hugs coming your way too. You deserve to feel angry and tired, so let yourself feel the emotions, then pick yourself up and dust yourself off, and know there are so, so many people out "there" (wherever "There" is) pulling for you and praying for you.... Melissa

Christine said...

My scarf's off to you for saying what's been on my mind.. "I'm done" too.. Cancer Sucks.
Tessa will give you that extra umph you need now & then to get thru all this.
~Christine
www.christinechristine.blogspot.com