Monday, April 03, 2006

Proud of Ryan

As many of you know, Ryan joined Weight Watchers a while ago, inspired by the losses he saw from Michele & I as we stayed on the program (and with a few threats from his family doctor, too). Well, today Ryan reached his 10% goal! By losing 10% of his body weight, Ryan has put himself at lower risk for heart disease and diabetes, and in better health. I'm so, so proud of him for sticking with it.

And I must say, Ryan looks fantastic. He is having to buy new, smaller clothes because his old ones are so big he's swimming in them, and I think that I have a very handsome husband! I will have to take some pictures and post them here soon.

Ryan and I both have some miles to go on our weight loss journeys, but I am certain that we will reach our goals. This summer, I hope that you find us going for hikes together, running on the beach, and maybe even biking together (yikes do you think I evne know how to ride a bike any more?). It's fun to get skinny together.

Love,
Kristina

PS Thanks for listening to me vent here yesterday. Really, this process sucks, and I'm more than tired of it. It helps me to be honest about that...to scream and cry, then catch my breath and try to move forward.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Kristina,

Congrats to Ryan!!!

Honey, vent *all* you need to. This whole situation sucks for you and your family. I'm inspired by your courage and determination, but I also know that you are trudging a hard path and deserve and need the freedom to through a temper tandrum or just scream anytime the need arise or just b/c you want to ;-) that day.

MAJOR HUGS & PRAYERS
Rhonda

PS ~ Tell Tessa to watch the mail......