Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Done with radiation...and pictures








Radiation is completely finished. My team was kind to me, and I will miss the friendly smiles of Luz, Jude, and Marie...but I will not miss the daily appointment!

I'm also attaching pictures of my new hair (I even included a silly shot of my hair all fluffed up so you can see how long it is) and slimmer self. I have gone from an unhealthy BMI to a very healthy one (23) and I can't wait to see what the next few pounds do to flatten my tummy etc. And then, of course, recent pic of Tessa, because she's so much more fun to look at than I am!

Today I have another meeting with a another plastic surgeon, and a meeting with the oncologist, and a Herceptin infusion (back at the chemo ward, as it takes over an hour), and a Lupron shot. Radiation is done, but treatment is not.

Love,
Kristina

PS In the pics, I'm wearing a too-large size large t-shirt, because all my clothes are too big for me. I did, however, buy two pairs of SIZE 8 pants, one of which I'm wearing in the pic. I have not been a size 8 since I-don't-know-when and that feels really darn good. I tried on a dozen pairs of pants, and all the 10's were too big, and all the 8's fit. Hurrah!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look stunning! Love the hair! Sending you my love daily.

Corina

*susan* said...

You are one hot mamma!!!! Love ya'

*susan*

Anonymous said...

Kristina,

While I haven't visited in a bit, you've been in my thoughts lately. Congratulations on finishing radiation! You look terrific. Happy too. :^)

Stacey (ace from Ovusoft)