Thursday, February 23, 2006

Improvement?

Today I have done three sets of saline rinses, three sets of Burrows compress soaks, two applications of the antibiotic cream, and one application of Biafine. Additionally, I've been exposing the area to air for much of the time (okay, so I cheated and left the house today, but I plan to stay home for a while now!). I think that I am getting some improvement as a result. The area doesn't seem as moist and yucky as before, and I think I see some healing.

Thank goodness. A few more days of this might work the miracle I'm hoping for.

Today I weighed in at Weight Watchers, and I lost 0.6 pounds. Since I had a big dinner last night and I didn't use up all of my flex points last week and I didn't exercise at all, I'm pleased with even a small loss. I'm now down 20.0 pounds, and I'm very happy with that. I hope to lose another two pounds in the next week or so, and then I'll be back to my pre-chemo weight...and I can start working on the weight that I took years to add on.

Mentally, I'm okay. This whole process is exhausting, and it's emotionally exhausting to have to spend a half hour out of every two hours caring for my skin...it's one of those reminders about how bad this disease is. Anyway, I'm holding up okay. I'm a bit more fragile than usual, but I will survive. I can't wait until this is over and my chest doesn't ooze gross stuff and I can wear my regular clothes! Sometimes the little things in life are the big things.

Love,
Kristina

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of you. Many ((((Hugs)))) sent your way. You are doing and immense job, and hope that you will get to feeling better in the very near future. Take care.
--an Ovusoft member