Saturday, January 28, 2006

Breaking Eyelash News

Today, I looked in the mirror, and there, in plain view, were little microscopic eyelashes! HURRAH! Hopefully this is the beginning of something beautiful. I have missed my eyebrows and eyelashes even more than my hair, I think.

In less happy news, my lymphedema is flaring up, and my left index finger is 1.5 times as fat as the index finger on my right hand, and it aches. I did the manual lymphatic massage this morning, and I'll get on that a couple times a day now...I don't want this to get worse, and radiation can exacerbate it.

Love,
Kristina

4 comments:

The Green Cedar said...

Hair after cancer...so nice to see it coming back!

Lymphedema massage, etc. is a royal pain.

Love & empathy,
gr

Rhonda said...

Oh, Kristina, I'm so thrilled to see all the wonderful news in your blog!! Sorry I've been scarce, but you've been in my prayers and thoughts daily. I cried when I read your post about "out living your life". Oh, that made me so joyful for you!! I hope the radiation isn't so hard on you as the Chemo was. HUGS!! Love the hair growth. I'll be praying that it grow FAST for you!!

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

3 cheers for eyelashes!!! Sorry about the fingers. Keeping you in our prayers from Cincinnati 'burbs..... - Melissa

Anonymous said...

Kristina, did you get my last e-mail? I sent it a couple of weeks ago, but I'm thinking maybe you didn't get it.

Cheers on the eyelashes too!