Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Frustration

This morning I went to my radiation simulation appointment. It went relatively well, I got my tattoos (two black dots), and I'm ready to go. However, somebody screwed up the scheduling. Dr. Morris told me, very distinctly, that she wanted me to be ready to start radiation on the 2nd. Well, apparently they don't have that note in the schedule, and Dr. Morris is on vacation, and they said they could get me going on the 16th. WHAT?! I negotiated them to the 10th, but they were very clear with me that this schedule could change at any time and I may not be able to start on the 10th.

Dammit. I just want this whole business over with, and a delay of even a day is unbearable. Two weeks is absolutely unacceptable. A week is incredibly frustrating.

I am scheduled for 33 treatments (Mon thru Fri at 1:45pm), with a finish date of February 27th. I won't mark that date on my calendar, though, as the start date is still not set in stone.

Damn, damn, damn. I really had my heart set on getting started with this so I could get finished with it, and it seems that the finish date gets pushed out farther and farther.

Sigh.

4 comments:

The Green Cedar said...

Rats, darn and phooey. I'm sorry the system let you down...this is NOT a time when patience comes easy.

Love & let the steam blow off,
gr

*susan* said...

Argh!

*susan*

Anonymous said...

From here in Cincinnati again - I am frustrated with you. Please know you are in many people's thoughts and prayers, lots of whom you don't know and may not ever know. I read your 2nd latest post with tears in my eyes. I can try to imagine your frustration but can't. Just know that my heart hurts for you and I look forward to your recovery and to reading all about it. G-d is with you. Sometimes you may feel it, other times not, but he is with you, carrying you.

Anonymous said...

Man this sucks! You have enough to deal with without additional setbacks! I am keeping my fingers crossed for the 10th (at least) and hoping there are no further hangups!

Stay well. Pace yourself. Breathe.

Corina