Thursday, October 20, 2005

A burst of energy

Today I have been much more energized than in the past few weeks. As a result, my house looks better than it has in a long time - I've vacuumed, scrubbed the bathroom tile, washed and put away laundry, scrubbed the kitchen sink, and done lots of other, similar chores that I'd been putting off for too long. Ryan took Tessa to preschool and afterwards they went to Starbucks together, so I had the morning mostly to myself, and it felt good to be productive. This afternoon, I'm shooing Ryan out the door to have some time for himself (much needed and deserved, and I know he welcomes it) and Susie & Nina are coming over for a playdate.

I know that I hit bottom a couple of weeks ago, and things looked very bleak to me, but things are definitely improving. I am glad I didn't stay down long, and I'm working hard at trying to find the light and optimism that I know exists. I - we - intend to come out of this stronger than ever.

I know that by the evening I will be exhausted again - this is inevitable - but that's okay. I will take energy where I can find it!

Love,
Kristina

4 comments:

*susan* said...

Glimmers of light... don't we all need that?

The Green Cedar said...

Exhausted comes and exhausted goes... Enjoy the energy when it's here! This is so very good to read.

Anonymous said...

Yahoo! But what a way to spend your energy...cleaning! hee, hee. It must feel SO good to see the results of your efforts and to feel energized again! I am happy for you.

Corina

Anonymous said...

So good to hear about these small victories!