Thursday, June 02, 2005

Note before meeting the surgeon

I go into today's appointment full of questions and concerns, but I want all of you to know how much every email, telephone call, thought, and deed has done to lift my spirits. I don't know what Susan's organizing yet, but she did call to say to me, "Do you have any idea how many friends you have?!" My answer is not humble, it's proud: Yes, I do. I really do. And I am touched and blessed. Your love and support mean more to me than ever before, and I promise you this....never again will I take one of you for granted. Cancer has given me that gift already, and you may remind me of it often.

Today we start to fight the beast. The beast has no idea what it's up against - it's not just me, it's my entire army! Stupid, stupid cancer - it doesn't know what's about to hit.

There will be down moments, and I will share them too. But I have so much to be joyful for.

Wish me luck!Love,
Kristina

No comments: