Friday, December 26, 2008

Boxing Day

I am attempting to not think about Janet obsessively. She wasn't my friend, she was a person on the internet. That is what I am telling myself. It is true that I didn't know her closely. But she had been there since I arrived at YSC, and I just thought she was a permanent fixture, no matter what the odds. It hurts to be wrong in this way.

But I am moving on.

We have a few friends coming over this afternoon for companionship and prime rib sandwiches. I am looking forward to their company, to the relaxed atmosphere of it, to enjoying each other's company.

Happy Boxing Day, all.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/26/opinion/26flanders.html?_r=1&hp

Our holiday giving was before the holiday, but I do love the tradition of helping the less fortunate.

No comments: