Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Thank God that's over

I am so glad that I will never again have a 39th birthday. It was a horrible day, and I'm glad I don't need to repeat it.

The summation? I'm not happy in my life right now. I have some pretty serious issues to work through, and I appreciate your prayers. Birthdays tend to magnify things, and yesterday everything seemed larger than life. I had a big old pity-fest.

Thank you so much to the friends and family members who tried to help me, who gave me love, who gave me gifts. I am appreciative, even if I couldn't be social and happy.

I have so much to be grateful for, and I am. Still, I'm struggling.

More therapy.

3 comments:

wendy said...

Hi sweetie, I lurked at YSC and saw you posting there. Something about seeing your screen name just makes my eyes well up. My sympatico sister on the other side of the country (well, I'm in Austin, TX now - at least it is an awesome liberal bastion). I miss you. You've played an impt. part of my recovery (whatever the h*ll that is, and if I have actually done it - which I doubt often) and I just wanted you to know that you are loved from afar. Hang in there through the upcoming Pink Month.

Wen

Anonymous said...

God, I'm so sorry to hear that. Thoughts and prayers are with you...
Lynn

Anonymous said...

For me, it's New Years that can become my pity-fest (about how the last year went), so I can relate to how milestones of any kind can trigger that. That being said, I'm sorry you're going through a tough time. Give me a call if you ever want to talk, but I respect if you don't. Still, I'm wishing you a happy birthday and hope the rest of the year ahead gets a big thumbs-up!