Tuesday, September 25, 2007

NOT arthritis

I just got my labwork results; I do not have arthritis, just regular joint pain from Femara. (Great news!)

Initially, I was very reluctant to switch from Femara to another drug, because there were some early studies that showed that Femara worked best in Her2+ patients like myself, and I'm fighting for every percentage point I can find. However, subsequent, larger, better controlled studies have come out, and the three drugs like Femara all look about equal now, and Femara is no better than either of them.

With that, I've called in the new prescription to Medco, and I will start taking Aromasin, another AI (the same type of drug as Femara) next week or so. It will take 4-6 weeks to know if Aromasin is better than, worse than, or equal to Femara for joint pain, but it's worth a try, so I'm going to try.

It's not arthritis, so that means that I can hope that this pain goes away when I'm done with the drug. I'm done in February 2011, so whether Aromasin is better or not, I know I'm counting down until 2011 and then I'm DONE!

Unless the cancer comes back. Which it won't. But it might. But it won't. I hope.

1 comment:

*susan* said...

Welcome to the aromasin club.

3.5 years and counting. My doctor assures me that the bone and joint pain will disappear within two months after completion.

She wouldn't sign a contract to that effect though. :-)

Love ya.....