Tuesday, May 15, 2007

You are kidding me, right?

Today a bank robber was hanging out in my neighborhood.

Yes, you read that properly. My street was COVERED with police officers, a K9 unit, guys in bulletproof vests, police cars, a fire truck, and three (three!) helicopters circled my house for a couple of hours. The police officers told us that the suspect was "pinned in a house" and that we were safe; no need to take the kids elsewhere.

Unfortunately, here's the update:
http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_051507WABwestseattlerobberyTP.710940ae.html or
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003707888_webbank15m.html

Nobody knows where this guy is now.

Nice.

For the record, this (the house they thought he was hiding in) is about 9 houses away from our house, if I counted properly. My doors are locked tonight, though I suspect that this guy is LONG gone (I think that this area is the last he'd want to hang out in, based on the number of cops that were here).

Sigh. Here's hoping that Seattle's finest catch their man tonight.

Kristina

No comments: