Saturday, June 17, 2006

Race for the Cure/Cannon Beach







Today, I did Race for the Cure, and it was a great experience. There were more people than I could ever see at once: the event was held on the viaduct, and when I was at a high point, I couldn't see the end of the people ahead or behind me. It's powerful to think of how much money must have been raised to fight the cause, and how many people cared enough to spend their morning doing this event. We got pictures: one of Paul, Ryan, myself and (sleeping!) Tessa; another of Tessa and I with Gov. Christine Gregoire; several of Tessa with various mascots, etc. I'm glad I did this event, and hope to do it again next year....maybe with a big team!

Tomorrow, we leave for Cannon Beach, and I can't wait. We haven't taken more than a weekend to get away for a LONG time, and I'm really looking forward to the break. Shep will come with us, we'll stay in a little hotel (dog friendly), we'll play on the beach, we'll fly a kite together for the first time, we'll build sand castles, we'll drink coffee at our favorite Cannon Beach coffeehouse....bliss. The simple pleasures! We'll be back on Wednesday (although we might try to reschedule my Herceptin appointment to Thursday or Friday so that I could come home a day later. We will see!)

Love to all,
Kristina

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

You look great!! My sister did "race for the cure" in PDX last year. I was going to participate this year, but I woke up sick on race day so I had to be content with just watching. )c: Next year though!!

Enjoy your trip to Cannon Beach!! May you all find it a peaceful time relaxing and enjoying life!!

HUGS!
Rhonda

me said...

you look amazing.