Thursday, December 22, 2005

A regular day, but tired now

I had another good day - a playdate with Heather & Kelton on Vashon this morning (we made cookies, and Heather sent us home with some, much to Ryan's delight), and then grocery shopping in the afternoon, and then I made a (simple) dinner. Now I'm completely worn out, but I am hopeful that I will awaken tomorrow refreshed and ready to go. I'd better - I have a lot of Christmas stuff to complete.

Tomorrow I'll pick up the roast (and the horseradish, which I forgot to buy...oops!) and then we're set for all the Christmas groceries. I've got my food list of what I need to do and when, and tomorrow I'll bake some more.

I can't wait to awaken on Christmas morning, and to see the sparkle in Tessa's eye. There is too much to do between now and then, but it's worth it.

And now, off to bed I go, because today I know when to say "enough." Wrapping Tessa's presents can wait one more day.

Love,
Kristina

3 comments:

*susan* said...

Putting moderation and Kristina into the same sentence is almost an oxymoron! But, listen to your body. Enjoy the wonders of the Christmas season, the amazement in Tessa's eyes, the joy of your husband when cookies appear, but also let your body continue to heal and regroup with some rest and 'me' time.

The Green Cedar said...

...What *susan* said. :-) It's good to know you will rest at least a little, and that you have such wonders in sight.

Love & sugarplums
gr

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Surface/Kristina!

I have no idea whether you remember me from Bellevue High but you taught my freshman honors English class. I just want to say that you taught the first class that I was ever excited to go to and you are a huge part of why I truly love writing. You made learning fun. I'm a freshman at Dartmouth now. I would love to get your e-mail address or to talk to you sometime. There is so much that I have to thank you for.

My e-mail is dylan.j.nelson@dartmouth.edu

Much love!

-Dylan