Saturday, May 05, 2007

Grandma Tess's Memorial




Today was Grandma Tess's memorial service. I am so sad that I was not able to attend because of my prior commitment to Genentech (which went well, by the way), because I would have loved to see everyone in the Surface clan and to pay my respects to Grandma Tess.


Every time I call Tessa, I believe that a bit of Grandma Tess lives on. I am so grateful that they got to meet, and that Grandma Tess was able to understand that we had tried to honor her by naming her great-granddaughter after her. Of course, I never knew Tess well, but everything I have heard tells me that I wish my daughter to have many of her attributes: spunk, energy, wit, humor, intelligence, perseverence.


Special hugs for Mom Surface. I can't imagine that it is ever easy to bury a parent, and I doubt that this was an exception to that rule. I send you my special love today.
Love,
Kristina

No comments: